Bring urban homesteading into your life! Our in-depth, accessible classes will give you the knowledge and resources to reach your urban homesteading goals.
Click the links below for more information on each class, the class schedule, and registration. Click here for gift certificates.
Backyard Chicken Keeping
Backyard Goat Keeping
Getting the Most Out of Your Home Garden
Creating Goat Milk...
Nothing is more luxurious than hand-crafted goat milk soap, and it’s even better when you can make it yourself for you home and for gift-giving! The class will include:
- Step-by-step instruction/demonstration in the cold-process technique for goat milk soap
- Overview of the oils that can be used in soapmaking
- The properties of essential oils and creating fragrance combinations
- How to use...
A hands-on class to teach the basics of simple, water bath canning. Participants will assist in the canning preparation and processing, and receive a jar of each item to take home. The class will include:
- Zesty Spaghetti Sauce (techniques for canning tomatoes and tomato products)
- Lemon Cucumber Pickles (techniques for pickling vegetables)
- Spiced Peach Jam (techniques for jams and...
Saturday, August 23rd
10:00am – 3:00pm
$5 per person
Organized by Heirloom Gardens and Denver Botanic Gardens
(Click “Add to Cart” to purchase tickets.)
Price: $5.00 Quantity:
Interested in sustainable home practices, self-sufficiency, and lifelong learning? Then join us on Saturday, August 23rd for the 5th annual tour of local urban homesteads. See food production,...
(Part 1 of this series showed the transition from sod-covered yard to fertilized garden beds.)
Unfortunately our garden’s watering system needed repairs and they weren’t completed until the end of May....