Classes/Talks in Boulder!
We’re thrilled to announce that we’ll be partnering with The Savvy Hen to offer urban homesteading classes and talks in Boulder! The Savvy Hen is Boulder’s premier urban farming and feed store, and is located at 1908 Pearl Street, Boulder CO 80302.
Urban Homesteading in Action
Saturday, September 14th
3:00pm – 4:00pm
Pictures and stories from a Denver urban homestead. Includes:
- Front and back yard gardening
- Neighborhood Supported Agriculture (NSA)
- Backyard chickens, goats, ducks, and bees
- From-scratch staple cooking
- Making urban homesteading financially sustainable
Join us for this FREE talk and Q&A! Click here to register.
Creating Goat Milk Soap
Sunday, October 27th
1:00pm – 4:00pm
Cost = $40 (includes one bar of soap and instructional handouts)
Nothing is more luxurious than hand-crafted goat milk soap, and it’s even better when you can make it for your home and for gift-giving! The class will include:
- Step-by-step instruction/demonstration of the cold-process technique for goat milk soap
- Overview of the oils that can be used in soapmaking
- The properties of essential oils and fragrance combinations
- How to use additives, including herbs, flowers, oats, and honey
- Molds and cutting
- Lye safety
Participants will receive a bar of goat milk soap, plus soap recipes. Click here to sign up.
Canning for the Holidays
Sunday, November 10th
1:00pm – 4:00pm
Cost = $45 (includes 3 canned items and instructional handouts)
Looking for low-cost, creative gift ideas for the holidays? Learn how to make delicious canned goodies for your friends and family. This class will include:
- Pear & Vanilla Bean Jam
- Caramelized Onion Confit
- Spicy Jalapeno Jelly
The hands-on class will include instruction in the basics of water bath canning. Participants will assist in the canning preparation and processing, and receive a jar of each item to take home. Class also includes recipes for the items prepared and information about canning equipment and canning/food safety issues. Click here to sign up.