5th Annual Urban Homestead Tour: Call for Entries!
Do you have…
Chickens? Goats? An amazing garden? Bees? Home-scale aquaponics? Canning, cheesemaking, or homebrewing setup? Composting? Vermiculture? Water catching? Alternative energy?
Some combination of the above, and a desire to inspire and educate others? If so, then sign up as a host for the fifth annual Denver Botanic Gardens Urban Homestead Tour!
When: Saturday, August 23rd from 10am – 3pm
What they are looking for: Local urban homesteaders who exhibit a commitment to self-sufficiency, sustainability, and do-it-yourself creative methods. Folks who are experts or experimenters in a variety of skills: home gardening, food preservation, natural building, home-brewing, cheesemaking, chicken keeping, utilizing alternative energy sources, and more!
Where: Denver Metro area
What it involves:
- Commitment to receive visitors and answer their questions from 10am to 3pm.
- Ability to receive up to 200 tour participants throughout the day (not at once — small groups filter in throughout the day).
- Excitement about the urban homesteading movement and eagerness to share your knowledge and passion with others.
- Availability to meet with Denver Botanic Gardens staff to see your homestead and timely response to communications.
- An understanding that you will be representing Denver Botanic Gardens during the length of the event.
How to apply:
Submission of an application does not guarantee participation. This is a rolling admission process, so early submission may improve the likelihood of selection. Don’t delay — send in your application now!