Low-Cost Winter Gardening
Join Sundari Kraft of Heirloom Gardens and EatWhereULive to learn how to continue your garden’s bounty throughout the winter without breaking the bank. The class will include:
- Selecting crops for winter growing
- Overview of season-extension techniques
- Selecting the right setup for you
- Planning your winter garden
- Timing the planting
- Step-by-step instructions and shopping list for cold-frame tunnels
- Harvesting for continued growth
Cost = $35 (includes instructional handouts).
Click the links below for more information and to register:
September 8th at 9:00
October 5th at 9:00
Sundari is the author of “The Complete Idiot’s Guide to Urban Homesteading” and the founder of Heirloom Gardens, an urban farming project. Heirloom Gardens received a micro-grant from Slow Food Denver to study methods of low-cost winter growing, and Sundari grows food throughout the year in her Denver backyard.